Definition of concert party in English:
1A group of performers giving variety concerts.
- Some of the airmen brought their musical instruments, and in the desert formed a concert party and camp orchestra for the squadron's entertainment.
- Pierrot was a stock character in French and English theatre; by the late 19th century he was a versatile member of an organised concert party, wearing the distinctive Pierrot costume and performing in summer resorts.
- The brothers reunited during the Second World War to present a puppet show and, after Fred died working in a circus, Joe continued to appear in a concert party.
2 Stock Exchange A number of parties who separately invest in a company with the concealed intention of using their holdings as a single block.
- Bond market sources have told The Sunday Business Post that a concert party is being formed among bondholders, led by the financial services group Orix.
- But Minton is seen as well-placed to restore the company's fortunes, in the light of persistent stake-building by a concert party involving Bernander and the Swedish-owned paper company of which he is chairman, Klippan.
- In an implicit rebuke to the company, the Takeover Panel said it should have been made aware of those directors' intentions to resign in advance of considering the concert party issue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan