- 1A group of performers giving variety concerts.More example sentences
- Some of the airmen brought their musical instruments, and in the desert formed a concert party and camp orchestra for the squadron's entertainment.
- Pierrot was a stock character in French and English theatre; by the late 19th century he was a versatile member of an organised concert party, wearing the distinctive Pierrot costume and performing in summer resorts.
- The brothers reunited during the Second World War to present a puppet show and, after Fred died working in a circus, Joe continued to appear in a concert party.
- 2 Stock Exchange A number of parties who separately invest in a company with the concealed intention of using their holdings as a single block.More example sentences
- Bond market sources have told The Sunday Business Post that a concert party is being formed among bondholders, led by the financial services group Orix.
- But Minton is seen as well-placed to restore the company's fortunes, in the light of persistent stake-building by a concert party involving Bernander and the Swedish-owned paper company of which he is chairman, Klippan.
- In an implicit rebuke to the company, the Takeover Panel said it should have been made aware of those directors' intentions to resign in advance of considering the concert party issue.