noun (plural concertinos)
- 1A simple or short concerto.More example sentences
- Sadly Fauré died before the concertino was completed, but the two movements we have - ‘Blues’ and ‘Charleston’ - indicate a new departure in the Maître's musical progress.
- Creston's Seven Theses will probably shock those who know items like the marimba concertino or the Symphony #2.
- Hindemith quickly learnt to play it and wrote a concertino the very next year.
- 2A solo instrument or solo instruments playing with an orchestra: [as modifier]: the concertino group of two violins and celloMore example sentences
- It is more baroque than the first in that for obbligato piano it substitutes real interchange between ripieno strings and concertino quartet.
- Aria 24 combines two concertino recorders with flutes.
- The concertino instruments sometimes play alone and sometimes are heard in combination with the ripieno group.
late 18th century: Italian, diminutive of concerto (see concerto).
More definitions of concertinoDefinition of concertino in:
- The US English dictionary