nounchiefly North American
- The leading first-violin player in some orchestras.More example sentences
- Among his disciples are the well-known cello teacher George Neikrug and the late violist, William Primrose and among his students were concertmasters of major orchestras, including Joseph Silverstein.
- Should I take a safe job as a concertmaster of an orchestra?
- Kleiber disliked making records and grumbled when the Vienna Philharmonic changed concertmasters from one session to the next, but the spring in his overture was inspirational.
More definitions of concertmasterDefinition of concertmaster in:
- The US English dictionary