noun (plural concertos or concerti /-ti/)
- A musical composition for a solo instrument or instruments accompanied by an orchestra, especially one conceived on a relatively large scale.More example sentences
- I had been rather unimpressed by this composer's piano concertos but his solo piano music is clearly a different matter.
- Recent credits include premier performances of commissioned concerti for symphony orchestra and Taylor's ensemble Latin Fiesta.
- He composed three symphonies, a piano concerto, and chamber music.
early 18th century: Italian, from concertare 'harmonize'.
More definitions of concertoDefinition of concerto in:
- The US English dictionary