- The holder of a concession or grant, especially for the use of land or commercial premises or for trading rights.More example sentences
- When talking to new black shareholders and concessionaires in the hake industry, one hears mostly how slowly things are moving.
- The Government has also approved the extension of the management contract of Hifab International to run Zambia Railways until June 2002 when the concessionaire will take over.
- Bial is awaiting the Centre's guidelines relating to commercial activities and ground handling before calling bids for concessionaires on airport land.
mid 19th century: from French concessionnaire, from Latin concessio (see concession).
More definitions of concessionaireDefinition of concessionaire in:
- The US English dictionary