- Relating to or proceeding from a council, especially an ecclesiastical one: conciliar decreesMore example sentences
- Bonds with Rome had been strengthened, as the Holy See summoned the meetings, suggested agenda, and approved conciliar decrees.
- One implication of the conciliar decree deserves to be noted especially.
- The church, a conciliar, sacred communion, accepts and sanctifies the icon.
late 17th century: from medieval Latin consiliarius 'counsellor', from Latin concilium (see council).
More definitions of conciliarDefinition of conciliar in:
- The US English dictionary