noun[mass noun] • rare
- 1The skilful and harmonious arrangement or fitting together of the different parts of something.More example sentences
- That geologic concinnity's taste is what we know and who we are.
- For a half-century, some version of this integrated vision, with its logical progression and simple concinnity - shuttle to station, station to ship, and thence to the planets!
- Chronic impatience for getting to the "bottom line" or to "the point" dulls sensitivity to what concinnity stands for.
- 1.1Studied elegance of literary or artistic style.More example sentences
- No mall store could create a thing of such simple, fragile concinnity.
- Generally the higher the art, the higher the degree of concinnity.
mid 16th century: from Latin concinnitas, from concinnus 'skilfully put together'.
More definitions of concinnityDefinition of concinnity in:
- The US English dictionary