Definition of condensate in English:
1Liquid collected by condensation.
- Other species build ‘fog traps,’ pushing up sand ridges perpendicular to airflow, then move back along them, flattening them to extract the collected condensate.
- A large and increasing portion of liquid production is condensate from natural gas - expected to be over half by 2010.
- New York City requires recirculated water for medium and large refrigeration and air-cooled systems; properties with steam-source refrigeration must use some condensate for cooling tower makeup water.
1.1 [count noun] Chemistry A compound produced by a condensation reaction.
- The respirable portion of particulates can include acid condensates, sulfates, nitrates, and organic compounds.
- The first four have been around a long time. The scientists who worked with the Bose-Einstein condensates just received a Nobel Prize for their work in 1995.
- This technique provides an inexpensive and reliable method of estimating the total concentration of ions in the condensates and the dilution of respiratory droplets by the water vapor.
Definition of condensate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan