- A substance such as salt, mustard, or pickle that is used to add flavour to food.More example sentences
- Nearly all of the credits are written with condiments like mustard and mayonnaise on foods like hamburgers and corn dogs.
- It was used as a condiment and to flavour pickles and sauces.
- Food stations need condiments such as ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise.
late Middle English: from Latin condimentum, from condire 'to pickle'.
More definitions of condimentDefinition of condiment in:
- The US English dictionary