verb[no object] (conduce to) • formal
- Help to bring about (a particular situation or outcome): nothing would conduce more to the unity of the nationMore example sentences
- In this, I have combined different methods of attack and defense, in such a way that the result will conduce to the harmonious development of the whole body.
- Just because such awareness does not automatically conduce to the cause of the neo-imperialists does not mean it can be explained away by petit-bourgeois insularity.
- In each region, he finds, demographics are undermining the social and economic arrangements that conduce to prosperity.
late Middle English (in the sense 'lead or bring'): from Latin conducere 'bring together' (see conduct).
More definitions of conduceDefinition of conduce in:
- The US English dictionary