noun (plural confectioneries)[mass noun]
- 1Sweets and chocolates considered collectively: items of confectionery [as modifier]: a confectionery company offering hand-made chocolatesMore example sentences
- These are eaten locally, either as dessert nuts or in chocolate and confectionery.
- For instance, the makers of chocolate confectionery compete heavily in advertising but their prices remain remarkably similar.
- The UK, meanwhile, is the second highest consumer of chocolate confectionery in Europe, beaten only by Switzerland.
- 1.1 [count noun] A shop that sells sweets and chocolates: chocolate and fudge are made daily at the village confectioneryMore example sentences
- Casino guests can also experience about two dozen restaurants, pubs, confectioneries and other shops in the Greektown neighborhood and nearby Harmonie Park.
- There're three confectioneries / coffee shops in Fordsburg that will get your mouth watering the moment you walk in.
- Take a trip to the western edge of the city, to Fordsburg, and try the eastern delights offered by several confectioneries.