- Relating to or denoting a confederation.More example sentences
- If it could reform rapidly enough to gain legitimacy from its own population, unification could be confederal.
- Although the specifics of the debate have changed, the nature of the debate between the parties, such as whether the plan should be conceived as a federal or confederal solution, has remained the same.
- The symbolic reiteration of traditional objectives dispensed with, it went on to suggest more seriously a federal or confederal state, and joint authority as alternatives.
late 18th century: from confederation, on the pattern of federal.
More definitions of confederalDefinition of confederal in:
- The US English dictionary