- Small pieces of coloured paper traditionally thrown over a bride and bridegroom by their wedding guests after the marriage ceremony has taken place.More example sentences
- Features were thrown at us like confetti at a western wedding.
- Throwing confetti during the wedding scene was a pure delight.
- Then again, this is a man who attracts insults like a bride attracts confetti on her wedding day.
early 19th century (originally denoting the real or imitation sweets thrown during Italian carnivals): from Italian, literally 'sweets', from Latin confectum 'something prepared', neuter past participle of conficere 'put together' (see confect).
More definitions of confettiDefinition of confetti in:
- The US English dictionary