Definition of confounded in English:
adjective[attributive] informal, dated
Used for emphasis, especially to express anger or annoyance: he was a confounded nuisance
More example sentences
- You just go on committing offences that are a confounded nuisance to everyone around you.
- I could not decide whether to go for a jog in the confounded cold, or find an indoor facility in one of the neighborhood center to swim.
- I will send the confounded package today - overnight - to avoid another one of those joyous little interactions.
- Example sentences
- He was surprised indeed, it was either that guy was extremely dumb, or confoundedly smart.
- Get rid of your confoundedly repetitive harmonies and phony teenaged angst.
- ‘I wish she were not such a confoundedly good little woman so that I could be faithful to you without injuring a worthy person.’
Definition of confounded in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.