Definition of confounded in English:
adjective[attributive] informal , dated
Used for emphasis, especially to express anger or annoyance: he was a confounded nuisance
More example sentences
- You just go on committing offences that are a confounded nuisance to everyone around you.
- I could not decide whether to go for a jog in the confounded cold, or find an indoor facility in one of the neighborhood center to swim.
- I will send the confounded package today - overnight - to avoid another one of those joyous little interactions.
- Example sentences
- He was surprised indeed, it was either that guy was extremely dumb, or confoundedly smart.
- Get rid of your confoundedly repetitive harmonies and phony teenaged angst.
- ‘I wish she were not such a confoundedly good little woman so that I could be faithful to you without injuring a worthy person.’
Definition of confounded in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan