(also conger eel)
- A large edible predatory eel of shallow coastal waters.
More example sentences
- Conger and other genera, family Congridae: several species, in particular the European C. conger and the American C. oceanica
- Huge conger, pollack, ling, cod and coalfish were regularly pulled up the steps to the old Angling Centre and weighed in front of big crowds of onlookers.
- Like the freshwater eel, congers undergo considerable morphological changes prior to spawning.
- Alex posed in the darkest corner and I was shooting off a few frames when we noticed a huge conger eel looking at us with the short-sighted expression that congers are endowed with.
Middle English: from Old French congre, via Latin from Greek gongros.
More definitions of congerDefinition of conger in:
- The US English dictionary