- Of a cone.More example sentences
- In 1865 he submitted his doctoral dissertation on a new method to determine the characteristics of conic systems to the University of Copenhagen.
- The endosperm cap (the testa included) was placed on the needle and was pierced by moving the needle down into a polyvinyl chloride block with a conic hole with a minimum diameter of 0.7 mm.
- He is magically deft in the conic perspective of their open bosoms; in the glazed sheen of their blonde braided hair; in spanning the capaciousness of their tumbling satin trappings.
nounBack to top
- short for conic section.More example sentences
- The book contains a wealth of information concerning the projective geometry of conics and quadrics.
- If all the vertices of a hexagon lie on a conic, and if the opposite sides intersect, then the points of intersection lie on a line.
- In many cases, the result is that the edge of the source is imaged to the edge of the receiver, and the reflector profile that performs the mapping is an off-axis conic.
late 16th century: from modern Latin conicus, from Greek kōnikos, from kōnos 'cone'.
More definitions of conicDefinition of conic in:
- The US English dictionary