Definition of conjectural in English:
Based on or involving conjecture: the evidence was deemed too conjectural
More example sentences
- My point is why make the claim for a developed canon in the first place, especially when it is based on conjectural attributions and dates.
- It is their reliance on conjectural statements based on outward similarities that mars the book as a whole.
- Everything else - that is, the actual character of the external world and of our relationship to it - must remain conjectural or hypothetical, though some hypotheses are better than others.
- Example sentences
- In the various models postulated so far, this feature was set conjecturally to either of the possibilities.
- As an architect he is only conjecturally associated with country houses.
- Many of the following drawings show the buildings conjecturally restored to their presumed original state, and should in no case be taken as a precise record of present appearance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan