- 1 Chemistry Relating to or denoting double or triple bonds in a molecule which are separated by a single bond, across which some sharing of electrons occurs.More example sentences
- The conjugated double bonds of this structure allow the chlorophyll molecule to absorb energy from sunlight.
- In molecules with conjugated bonds, saturated bonds (carbon atoms with four attached atoms) alternate with unsaturated bonds (carbon atoms with less then four attached atoms.)
- Fading occurs when any chemical process breaks the sequence of conjugated double bonds constituting the chromophore - the dye moiety that imparts colour.
- 2chiefly Biochemistry (Of a substance) reversibly combined with another: conjugated bile saltsMore example sentences
- This increase occurred with both conjugated chemicals and unconjugated chemicals.
- If the conjugated antibody binds to surface proteins on healthy cells, those cells are doomed, as the conjugate will be internalized and digested in the normal fashion.
- Grass-fed burgers are high in conjugated linoleic acids, or CLA.
More definitions of conjugatedDefinition of conjugated in:
- The US English dictionary