nounUS & West Indian
- A sorceress, especially one who practises voodoo.More example sentences
- It takes place in the spacious, quiet home of an ancient conjure woman supposedly aged 285, who has the ability to heal people's souls.
- The ghost, the conjure women, and the thrasher all mark moments in the text when characters can actively choose one epistemology over the other.
- Some of the grown women in the film not only act as storytellers but also as conjure women whose psychic abilities can change developments and perceptions.
More definitions of conjure womanDefinition of conjure woman in:
- The US English dictionary