Belonging naturally; innate.
- Innate is a word he poorly plays upon: the right word, though less used, is connatural.
- Thus it is plain that it is the connatural mode of the human soul to receive knowledge as a habit.
- As man, He was the ‘perfect connatural principle of all forces of supernatural activity.’
- Example sentences
- This is actually a distortion of the female personality, which is destined to unfold connaturally in motherhood.
- Women can integrate the contemplative and active connaturally through maternity and the works of mercy that are associated with domestic life.
- In this way, music is a natural and universal language which is not learned, but immediately and connaturally felt.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: con|nat¦ural
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.