Definition of connatural in English:
Belonging naturally; innate.
- Innate is a word he poorly plays upon: the right word, though less used, is connatural.
- Thus it is plain that it is the connatural mode of the human soul to receive knowledge as a habit.
- As man, He was the ‘perfect connatural principle of all forces of supernatural activity.’
- Example sentences
- This is actually a distortion of the female personality, which is destined to unfold connaturally in motherhood.
- Women can integrate the contemplative and active connaturally through maternity and the works of mercy that are associated with domestic life.
- In this way, music is a natural and universal language which is not learned, but immediately and connaturally felt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.