noun[mass noun] Anatomy
- Tissue that connects, supports, binds, or separates other tissues or organs, typically having relatively few cells embedded in an amorphous matrix, often with collagen or other fibres, and including cartilaginous, fatty, and elastic tissues: a thin sheet of connective tissue [count noun]: connective tissues form the framework of the vertebrate bodyMore example sentences
- A septum of connective tissue separates the circular muscle layers of the pylorus and duodenum.
- They are arranged in bundles, separated by sheets of connective tissue containing collagen.
- This demonstrates that limb muscle cells have a different lineage to that of limb connective tissues (cartilage and tendons).
More definitions of connective tissueDefinition of connective tissue in:
- The US English dictionary