- The superstructure of a submarine, from which it can be commanded when on the surface and which contains the periscope.More example sentences
- As you descend, your first sight of the submarine will be a selection of masts and periscopes rising from the conning tower.
- The introduction of a proper conning tower meant that the periscope could be kept in an upright position where it could be raised and lowered by the use of compressed air.
- There was the conning tower with the periscope easily identifiable inside; there were the access hatches.
More definitions of conning towerDefinition of conning tower in:
- The US English dictionary