noun (plural conquistadores /-ˈdɔːreɪz/ or conquistadors)
- A conqueror, especially one of the Spanish conquerors of Mexico and Peru in the 16th century.More example sentences
- In order to encourage social acceptance of such unions, Anglos claimed that elite Mexican women were the racially pure descendants of the Spanish conquistadores.
- And they were here for less than a century before they fled the Spanish conquistadors who arrived in Peru in 1532.
- The Spaniards knew that they could not take on the whole Aztec Empire since they were so many compared to the number of conquistadors.
mid 19th century: Spanish.
More definitions of conquistadorDefinition of conquistador in:
- The US English dictionary