- Money paid because of feelings of guilt, especially about a payment that one has evaded: the country regards aid as conscience money from the WestMore example sentences
- By the time they returned, all three were legless and the rickshaw driver had been given enough conscience money to buy a small house in Puri, the seaside town we had escaped to.
- If it was conscience money, then it was fortunate for the couple that the cost of assuaging their guilt was measured in the national currency of a poor country.
- Anything else will be little more than conscience money.
More definitions of conscience moneyDefinition of conscience money in:
- The US English dictionary