- The activity of seeking to make people more aware of personal, social, or political issues: [as modifier]: a consciousness-raising groupMore example sentences
- The group engaged in both consciousness-raising and activism.
- It was a melting pot of New Leftists and former communists, and the group engaged in strike support and union organizing, political strategizing and consciousness-raising.
- Efforts to provide equality of access for full participation in society lead social change through consciousness-raising.
More definitions of consciousness-raisingDefinition of consciousness-raising in:
- The US English dictionary