- A person responsible for the repair and preservation of things of cultural or environmental interest, such as buildings or works of art: the wall decoration was discovered by conservators repairing damage caused by a leaking roof [with modifier]: a paper conservatorMore example sentences
- The exhibition illustrates some of the damage suffered by the pots and the methods conservators have used to repair them.
- The commission granted ten days for the government, the chief conservator of forests and police officials involved in the case to respond to the interim report.
- Cement repairs to old buildings are a conservator's nightmare, as the modern material does not ‘breathe’ like traditional mortars, and water damage to ancient walls is often the result.
More definitions of conservatorDefinition of conservator in:
- The US English dictionary