preposition & conjunction
- Taking into consideration: [as preposition]: considering the circumstances, Simon was remarkably phlegmatic [as conjunction]: considering that he was the youngest on the field he played wellMore example sentences
- She did a pretty OK job, I guess, considering that most of her dorm-mates didn't even start packing until after the ceremony.
- Surely this level of support could have been built on, particularly considering that women's pro soccer had no direct competition.
- However, considering that there were only two student positions on the board, it's questionable how influential the positions really were.
adverb• informal Back to top
- Taking everything into account: they weren’t feeling too bad, consideringMore example sentences
- Three, the alternative's not so bad considering.
- I guess the wait for the meal was about 20 minutes, not too bad considering, and I must say it was worth the wait.
- I woke up Saturday, feeling a little rough, but not too bad considering - and the sight of bright sunlight had certainly cheered me up, I was raring to go.