Definition of conspiracy theory in English:
A belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for an unexplained event: they sought to account for the attacks in terms of a conspiracy theory
More example sentences
- Even at this point there was still a misfit between the diabolical conspiracy theory and the popular conception of witchcraft.
- I don't believe in conspiracy theories, and that's why this is not a conspiracy theory.
- Then he went and ruined a good conspiracy theory, by explaining that it was a note so that two similar reports didn't get confused.
conspiracy theorist noun
- Example sentences
- Conspiracy theorists have suggested darker reasons for his sudden departure: a medical diagnosis, blackmail, hounding by the secret services.
- She is a conspiracy theorist whose political conceits have consistently been proved wrong.
- 34 years ago today man walked on the moon (unless you believe the conspiracy theorists).
Definition of conspiracy theory in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.