Definition of constructionist in English:
1 another term for constructivist (see constructivism).
- His influences range from the Russian constructionists to the Bauhaus movement, and he has been inspired by everything from scrapyards to architecture and coastlines.
- The adherents of the Bauhaus school and Russian constructionists, riding on the wave of the industrialization of the society, proclaimed the dominance of function.
2US A person who puts a particular interpretation upon a legal document, especially the US Constitution: he is campaigning to get strict constructionists appointed to the Supreme Court
More example sentences
- Strict constructionists like the Senator might think not.
- Strict constructionists lie when they claim that if a right is not in the Constitution it doesn't exist.
- Strict constructionists believe that government policy making should be left to the Executive and Legislative branches of government.
Words that rhyme with constructionistpercussionist
Definition of constructionist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia