- (In the US) an index of the variation in prices for retail goods and other items.More example sentences
- Index the 60 per cent of median income to the consumer price index, and by 2001, only 2 per cent of people fell below the line.
- In the present U.S. system, benefits after retirement are indexed to the consumer price index.
- For comparison, Labor notes medical prices rose by about 50% as measured in the consumer price index.
More definitions of consumer price indexDefinition of consumer price index in:
- The US English dictionary