nounchiefly • derogatory
- A society in which the buying and selling of goods and services is the most important social and economic activity: the consumer society with its all-pervasive materialismMore example sentences
- Consumers should be able to vent at poor service, it is an incredibly important part of a consumer society.
- We were transformed, beginning that period, from a producer society into a consumer society.
- We went from a producer society to a consumer society, living on the poor of the world.
More definitions of consumer societyDefinition of consumer society in:
- The US English dictionary