- Relating to or involving technologies that allow a smart card, mobile phone, etc. to contact wirelessly to an electronic reader, typically in order to make a payment: the bank reported more than a million contactless transactions this yearMore example sentences
- Smart card technology has evolved to the point where many systems are contactless.
- Despite the possible security benefits, there is likely to be pushback for contactless payments from even more retailers, she said.
- With more than a decade of contactless payment experience, the company has delivered tens of millions of chips to the market.
More definitions of contactlessDefinition of contactless in:
- The US English dictionary