- 1An object for holding or transporting something: the cakes will keep for up to two weeks if kept in an airtight containerMore example sentences
- It is packed in an airtight container such as a foil pouch to prevent it from absorbing moisture.
- One by one she poured the water back into the bowl from the glass containers.
- The tube did not make any contact with the glass container or with the pan of the balance.
- 1.1A large metal box of a standard design and size used for the transport of goods by road, rail, sea, or air: [as modifier]: a container lorryMore example sentences
- The change over from box cars to containers was now complete, there is not one piece of track at the new shed!
- Concerns are that oil and diesel could leak from lorries at the container terminal and seep into the sea and wetlands.
- A container lorry which had been at the front of the line of traffic also left the scene without stopping.