Deserving contempt; despicable: a display of contemptible cowardice
More example sentences
- It is not possible to treat others with respect when we act in a way that says that who they are or what they believe makes them worthless or contemptible as human beings.
- Either way, the two men represent all that is vile and contemptible about American politics.
- Alas there is no reason why the most odious, contemptible people might not be able to make the sweetest, most wonderful creations.
despicable, detestable, hateful, reprehensible, deplorable, loathsome, odious, revolting, execrable, unspeakable, heinous, shocking, offensive;
disgraceful, shameful, ignominious, abject, low, mean, cowardly, unworthy, discreditable, pitiful, pitiable, petty, worthless, shabby, cheap, beyond contempt, beyond the pale, sordid, degenerate, base, vile, villainous
- More example sentences
- She is therefore a victim and thereby relieved of much of her class guilt and no longer hateful, although still contemptibly repressed like all the other toffs.
- But I have to ask, who the hell would ever utter such stupid, contemptibly moronic assertions?
- Even the British social history volumes have declared that we have been treated shamefully and contemptibly.