- The relatively thick part of the earth’s crust which forms the large land masses. It is generally older and more complex than the oceanic crust.More example sentences
- Enormous pressures are produced in this region, for the continental crust and the oceanic crust are moving toward each other.
- In contrast to the continental crust, the oceanic crust is young, thin, and chemically magnesium-rich.
- Fragment by fragment, formed in the beginning from island chains similar to modern-day volcanic island arcs, the continental crust was born, and so the external land cover of the planet.
More definitions of continental crustDefinition of continental crust in:
- The US English dictionary