- The slope between the outer edge of the continental shelf and the deep ocean floor.More example sentences
- So today for instance if we go out into parts of the ocean on continental slopes we find methane but under high pressure and low temperature and water it actually forms a solid.
- We then ran down the margin of the Antarctic Peninsula to about 68 degrees W where we slipped off the continental slope into deep water.
- Sperm whales' favourite feeding areas include deep waters around the continental slope west of the British Isles and north towards Iceland.
More definitions of continental slopeDefinition of continental slope in:
- The US English dictionary