- A reserve of money set aside to cover possible unforeseen future expenses: there is a contingency fund within the budget to deal with unexpected legal feesMore example sentences
- Already, some states are salting away current surpluses, and there is a federal contingency fund that could provide some additional money.
- The small surplus that will be made this year will be used to cut the backlog of requests and provide a contingency fund to deal with any possible shortfall in predicted income.
- The zoo, near Winchester, is solely funded by visitor income and donations and is having to rely on a contingency fund to cover animal and staff costs.
More definitions of contingency fundDefinition of contingency fund in:
- The US English dictionary