- An emission spectrum that consists of a continuum of wavelengths.More example sentences
- This light is observed only at particular wavelengths instead of a continuous spectrum.
- The photosphere, at a temperature of several thousand degrees, emits a continuous spectrum (that is, all wavelengths), just as an electric light globe does.
- This model significantly reduces the number of unknown parameters if the reflectance functions with continuous spectra are presented by only a small number of basis functions.
More definitions of continuous spectrumDefinition of continuous spectrum in:
- The US English dictionary