- An electromagnetic wave, especially a radio wave, having a constant amplitude: [as modifier]: continuous-wave radio communicationMore example sentences
- Pulse radars emit a short, intense burst of radio energy, while continuous-wave radars emit a steady signal.
- The continuous-wave pump power is directly converted into pulsed power without control electronics or active elements in the cavity.
- The advantage of this sensor is that it can make a measurement of M in a single frame, allowing single-shot characterization of pulsed lasers, or dynamic monitoring of continuous-wave lasers during warm-up.
More definitions of continuous waveDefinition of continuous wave in:
- The US English dictionary