- The assertion that there is no transfinite cardinal between the cardinal of the set of positive integers and that of the set of real numbers.More example sentences
- In 1938, logician Kurt Godel proved that the continuum hypothesis is consistent with the standard axioms of set theory.
- The main focus of the 1964 paper is the continuum hypothesis, an interesting case study for Godel's philosophical view.
- In set theory he made important contributions to the axiom of choice and to the continuum hypothesis.
More definitions of continuum hypothesisDefinition of continuum hypothesis in:
- The US English dictionary