- A line on a map joining points of equal height above or below sea level: every valley bottom below a certain contour line must have been soggy and at times impassableMore example sentences
- However, there is a 940m contour line on the western peak which infers, but does not guarantee, that the land within it is likely to be higher than 940m.
- The surface topology of the three-dimensional density map is defined by the outermost contour line.
- The flatness is extreme; there is not a contour line through today's route.
More definitions of contour lineDefinition of contour line in:
- The US English dictionary