- Ploughing along the contours of the land in order to minimize soil erosion.More example sentences
- Educators need the equivalent of the tractor, contour plowing, and hybridization.
- Programmes were instituted to fill dongas, build contour banks, and promote contour ploughing.
- Jefferson was aware of the problem, and tried to mitigate it by what we would term contour ploughing on his hilly estate.
More definitions of contour ploughingDefinition of contour ploughing in:
- The US English dictionary