- The standard form of the card game bridge, in which only tricks bid and won count towards the game, as opposed to auction bridge.More example sentences
- During this period it began to lose ground in favour of bridge, especially contract bridge.
- This is the game that the plain word ‘bridge ‘originally referred to, before the development of auction bridge and then today's 'contract bridge.'
- Duplicate contract bridge, in which each competitor or team plays identical hands under similar conditions, is the main form of competitive bridge.
More definitions of contract bridgeDefinition of contract bridge in:
- The US English dictionary