- A country dance in which the couples form lines facing each other.More example sentences
- These four contradances were written in Salzburg in January of 1780 for Count Johann Rudolf Czernin.
- People have been organizing contradances in Winston-Salem since the early 1980s.
- This versatile group is equally at home playing for concerts, contradances, or Cajun dances.
early 19th century: variant of contredanse.
More definitions of contradanceDefinition of contradance in:
- The US English dictionary