- Don't forget that there is a special collection box in each porch for contributions to the renovation fund.
- The organisation is a voluntary one, totally replying on contributions and fund raising.
- The centre would be funded through developers' contributions and additional lottery grants.
- As a result, teams can fail to leverage the unique contributions each member may bring.
- This family has made a major contribution to our social, cultural and historic heritage.
- All three students made a major contribution to the college's work to encourage good race relations in the town.
- His research interest was the metabolism of radioactive drugs, and he made many contributions to books and papers.
- All articles or any contributions to the book would be most welcome and can be sent into the school office this December.
- We would therefore warmly welcome contributions to the journal that take forward the conversations started here.
Late Middle English (denoting a tax or levy): from late Latin contributio(n-), from Latin contribuere 'bring together, add' (see contribute).
Words that rhyme with contributionablution, absolution, allocution, attribution, circumlocution, circumvolution, Confucian, constitution, convolution, counter-revolution, destitution, dilution, diminution, distribution, electrocution, elocution, evolution, execution, institution, interlocution, irresolution, Lilliputian, locution, perlocution, persecution, pollution, prosecution, prostitution, restitution, retribution, Rosicrucian, solution, substitution, volution
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: con|tri|bu¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.