A person who feels an obsessive need to exercise control over themselves and others and to take command of any situation.
More example sentences
- I'm such an obsessive control freak, over the teensiest things.
- You have to be an obsessive control freak with no social life basically!
- A control freak, his inability to take the lead in a situation in which so many elements are beyond his sphere of influence, is troubling him.
control freakery noun
- More example sentences
- They develop a level of arrogance and control freakery that in the end can only be tackled through the ballot box.
- Instead, she concentrated on the studio, where she developed a reputation for control freakery, composing, arranging and producing her own records and even directing her own management company.
- The latter's insecurities manifested themselves in all that stupid spinning and counterproductive control freakery.
Definition of control freak in:
- The US English dictionary