Definition of control freak in English:
A person who feels an obsessive need to exercise control over themselves and others and to take command of any situation.
- I'm such an obsessive control freak, over the teensiest things.
- You have to be an obsessive control freak with no social life basically!
- A control freak, his inability to take the lead in a situation in which so many elements are beyond his sphere of influence, is troubling him.
control freakery noun
- Example sentences
- They develop a level of arrogance and control freakery that in the end can only be tackled through the ballot box.
- Instead, she concentrated on the studio, where she developed a reputation for control freakery, composing, arranging and producing her own records and even directing her own management company.
- The latter's insecurities manifested themselves in all that stupid spinning and counterproductive control freakery.
Definition of control freak in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan