- A rod of a neutron-absorbing substance used to vary the output power of a nuclear reactor.More example sentences
- The valve includes a valve body for closing or opening the control path; a control rod; and a rod passage receiving the control rod.
- The critical factor here is the setting of the rear control rod, which checks the toe-in.
- Replacing the water heater's magnesium corrosion control rod with one made of aluminum or another metal may improve the situation.
More definitions of control rodDefinition of control rod in:
- The US English dictionary