- An extended urban area, typically consisting of several towns merging with the suburbs of a central city: the major conurbations of London and BirminghamMore example sentences
- The almost relentless growth in property crime of recent decades has affected the whole country - rural areas, small towns, provincial cities, and major conurbations.
- Areas outside the major conurbations and the corridors linking them are still deprived of much necessary infrastructure.
- Each category of settlement - the hamlets, the villages, the towns, the cities, the conurbations - appears to have its own characteristic scale of distance.
More definitions of conurbationDefinition of conurbation in:
- The US English dictionary