- A Central and South American parakeet that typically has green plumage with patches of other colours.
More example sentences
- Aratinga, Pyrrhura, and other genera, family Psittacidae: numerous species
- The collection of colourful South American macaws and Patagonian conures has been allowed to come and go as they please from their enclosure at the town's South Lakes Wild Animal Park for the past ten years.
- I have a dusky conure, and she is that parakeet's twin.
- A colony of cherry-headed conures lives close to downtown San Francisco.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin conurus (former genus name), from Greek kōnos 'cone' + oura 'tail'.
More definitions of conureDefinition of conure in:
- The US English dictionary