- A self-contained area in a fluid in which upward motion of warmer fluid in the centre is balanced by downward motion of cooler fluid at the periphery.More example sentences
- This cycle is repeated over and over to generate what scientists call a convection cell or convective flow.
- The circular current that results is called a convection cell.
- Does the mantle contain two sets of convection cells of fluid rock or only one?
More definitions of convection cellDefinition of convection cell in:
- The US English dictionary